In case you missed the first announcement (which I rather unwisely posted at the end of an earlier blog post where it could be easily missed…)
This month we are taking submissions for NOVELWritingSite’s 3rd Student Writing Competition!
We’d love to read the first five pages of any story you’re working on.
The rules are simple:
- Five double-spaced pages ONLY please!
- Begin your first page about 3″ down. Use Times New Roman font, 11 pitch font size. Allow 1″ margins.
- Put your title, name, age, and literary genre in a header at the top of the page.
- Use your title as the file name and save as a Rich Text File (.rtf)
- Email the file as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email, please tell us a bit about how long you’ve been writing and what you hope to do with your project.
Submissions are open through May.
Because we each read and give encouraging feedback to each entrant, results will not be available until sometime in July.
Winning entries will receive books on the craft of writing.
Let the writing begin!